Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Blog 13

I thought it was really interesting that African American women were speaking up in the 19th century, it seems almost more than white women at the time.  I thought that was really awesome.  I don't know if it was because they thought that they had nothing to lose, or if it's a difference in personality.  While the book does discuss some white people speaking out against slavery, the more famous outspoken women of the time include Frances Harper and Sojourner Truth.

I also thought it was interesting that Nietzsche said that all language is rhetorical which to me is an important change towards current events.  I feel like every ad is clearly rhetorical and so are many news stories and especially photojournalism.  I think he was really onto something, when you think about it almost everything is rhetorical according to modern standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment